Friday, August 31, 2012

Driving in Spain

One more piece of new-found information ~  When you rent a car in Spain, the person who charges/reserves the automobile must have an International Driving Permit alongside their state's driver's license.  I added it to my To Do list and started researching where to find one!

The woman at the Arizona department of motor vehicles never heard of such a thing and was adamant that Arizona did not offer one.  I asked where she suggested I get one?  She told me that Arizona did not allow for international driver's licenses.  "It's not a license," I told her patiently.  "It is a photo ID that states I have an Arizona driver's license."  She shook her head as if I was nuts but the look on her face told me she was seeing my lips move but hearing Greek....


So, on to Plan B (again).  I went on the internet and found my user-friendly AAA Automobile Club offered the cards so today, not only did I get my International Driving Permit but enjoyed lunch at the Kokopelli Wine and Bistro Cafe in Chandler, Arizona as a bonus~  This winery was the first of its kind in Arizona and the Cabernet Sauvignon was smooth and rich.

Just one more item to check off my list.
10 more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment