Thursday, August 16, 2012

Spain connections

With all the technology racing in and out of our lives, one would think I was computer savvy enough to sustain communication from Spain to America without doubts. I ran a remote office for 13 years without too much difficulty. Many hours were spent under my desk corralling computer cables, satellite wiring and the Fax machine plugs. One would think I wouldn't be too nervous trying to assimilate into the world of wi-fi, phones, sim cards, SD cards and thumb drives. However, as I continue my preparation for being on Spanish soil, I decided I did not want to rely on Internet cafes just in case I was left unconnected! Never!!

After an hour on the phone, I found all the marbles rattling around in my head were for naught. I am now set up and feel sort of like a witch.... No electricity flowing out of blue fingers, no broom to get me across the water and I will have to light my own candles....but my phone will create magic! It will offer its own Internet service to "up to 5 devices" so it will be magic in my pocket wherever I go as I pull our Spanish ancestors out of the shadows..

At this rate, all I may have to think about will be Sangria and tapas or Rioja or Tempranillo wine and keeping up with conversation. Thank goodness Steven is fluent in Spanish. Otherwise I suppose I could use sign language...the age-old connection... But happy to know I will be carrying my own power with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment