Saturday, March 11, 2017

Spain is calling and the plane is waiting

By the time you read this, I will be on an Iberia Airlines plane pointed toward Spain.  My plane will stop in Chicago and Madrid before landing in Malaga the day after I leave Phoenix due to the eight hour difference.

Thank you for coming along with me on this travel adventure as I prepare to research facts for my next two books, (Ruiz Legacies and Flamenco Strings: Uncorked).  I look forward to meeting expats I've met through the We Love Memoirs Facebook site, visit cousins and meet new friends.  I hope to feel Spanish life on that side of the world and bring some of it home with me three months later.

I will arrive the morning of March 12 and an internet friend will be waiting to meet with me before my Road Scholar Tour begins in Estepona.  Miguel Alba Trujillo has written books about the immigrant ship (Heliopolis), Spain and the mass Spanish immigration that I am so enamored with.  He assures me that I will have no problem conversing with his meager English and my oh-so-meager Spanish.  Espero que esté correcto.  I hope he is correct.

I had high hopes that I would also have in my hand...the Spanish translation paperback copy of The Girl Immigrant, titled Historia de una niña emigrante.  But, it was not to be --- The publishers at Babelcube, the translation company, are still editing the book to give their approval before publication.  My Spanish translator, Consuelo Mellado, lives in Madrid and I'm sure she is as anxious for final publication as I am.

My next post:  He  llegado.  I have arrived. 


1 comment: