Monday, March 6, 2017

Packing for Spain should be a Calming Experience

6 days...

We all know that it is difficult to push ten pounds into a five pound bag...so my plan is to nutter my stuff down to five pounds.  I do NOT need to break the zipper on a bag I've promised myself is the only piece of luggage I will take with me to Spain.
My house is rented.
My airline ticket is confirmed.
Hotel reservations (2) are confirmed.
My ticket for the mosque in Córdoba is printed.
My to-go list is finished.
My backpack is half full.
My "Karen McCann" travel vest pockets are filling up.
And the clock is ticking toward March 11, 2017.

Contacts have been made and plans are organized.  Friends and family are waiting, although my Spanish is still in flux.  BUT, hand motions, facial expressions and basic words will get me through.  I feel positive and I am ready...thanks to my wonderful tutor, Janet.

I will post only once more before my plane flies me across the ocean.  Until then, I need to see how many clothes I have to pull back out of that piece of luggage, aka una maleta.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS.  I LOVE SMILING.





4 comments:

  1. I know you will communicate well, because your heart is so large and your smile so warm... bon voyage!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your heartfelt support, like always, Elizabeth!

      Delete