Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Worries about International Phone Calling in Spain

10 days...

I must admit...the thought of not being able to connect to my family and special friends in America once I touch Spanish soil was a bit overwhelming.  There had been several times when I questioned the idea of using my cell phone or if I should buy a prepaid cell phone when I arrive.  The list of phone services in Spain is in my carry-everywhere-notebook, but I still had qualms.  

Speaking with Verizon, I was told about TravelPass - I used it when I was on a cruise to Mexico in December and it worked well, but I only needed it for three days.  Now, with ninety days on the calendar, the last thing I wanted was paying $10 a day for 90 days.   Did I want this hazy option?  No.
Oh wait...I learned that I am only charged for the day I use the plan.  

TravelPass

  • Take your domestic talk, text and data allowances with you while you travel.
  • You’re only charged on the days you use your device.
Now your wireless plan travels just like you do. Take your domestic talk, text and data allowances with you. 
It's the economical way to stay connected. 
You’re only charged on the days you use your device while traveling.
To add TravelPass:  Text TRAVEL to 4004 on the device you'll be traveling with or select Yes, I want this option or 
Sign In button choosing $10.00/Day in Spain
OTHER OPTIONS:
1.  Rebtel - This is an International Calling APP that is $2/month
Help Section: https://www.rebtel.com/en/help/overview/ or via the Chat on the website.
2.  Prepaid Cell Phone in SpainOrange, Vodaphone, Movistar or Lebara?
My landlady in Calahonda suggested Orange, but I needed a bank statement in Spain.  
So, I am back to the beginning -- I will use TravelPass and walk into a phone service office for help.
Either way, I now feel comfortable because I will have Skype, WhatsAPP and email.  
Just think about the days before electronics...maybe I should just leave them all at home.
Except, of course, my laptop so I can post notes about my adventures and attach photos... 








1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you will fine. The prepaid phone for your national calling in Spain is a great idea! For those of us in the good ole USofA who will miss you ... FaceTime is awesome and skype works well for the android speaking people 👍💥

    ReplyDelete