Monday, August 13, 2012

Epiphanies and kindred spirits

There are times in each of our lives when we meet people and they shake our being.  Did this happen to our ancestors also?  Did they meet someone on their trip from Spain or while in Hawaii that they would always remember being there, at that time, in that place?   Our lives have so many chapters or drawers... Some private, silent and others wildly open and loud, shared with so many.  Sometimes the quiet times, when we reach within ourselves are the special moments we have to savor those special people who touch our souls.  I think it doesn't happen often or to everyone but when it does we feel blessed.  For me, where I am right now in my life, as I am on the brink of touching part of the family that is quietly part of me, I found a kindred spirit and feel blessed.  If only I could learn Spanish as Steven reprimands me about!!!!

When I traveled to France, I learned to say "where is the toilet". "may I have a room with two beds and a shower" and "may I have a glass of wine.?".  Now, heading to Spain, my brain is soft and forgiving.  Yes, maybe lazy because I will rely on my brother to say the words, get information, and lead me in the right direction.  Yep... Lazy as a drip hose but alas!  Spain awaits and I know how or roll my "r" and say "th" for my "s" in the southern part of Spain.  Will it be enough?  If not, I will smile and drink sangria, eat tapas and smile some more.  I am ready to become the quintessential Spanish lady and I'm counting the days.....18 days left in August..... And 10 days left in September and I will be on that plane pointed toward Espana.

No comments:

Post a Comment