Thursday, August 23, 2012

Credit cards in Spain

There is something to be said about bank fees.  And I wonder how many of us are aware of all the little words in our account contracts that do not surface until we use our credit card or another "service" the friendly bank offers.  You place your money into the bank and then pay the bank to use it.  Yesterday was another red letter day as I looked closer at all those little words in both the Chase Visa, checking and savings account contract and the Capital One credit card contract.

  I found the answers to my posting from a few days ago:
Chase would receive a charge transaction from Spain, exchange the Euro amount into dollars and charge me 3% for the pleasure of using the card.  They also charge $5 if I want a money order and $3.50 if I want to give someone a Chase gift card... What????

Capital One charges NO fee for the exchange transaction!
They also include auto insurance and accident with medical coverage to a cap for me and my ummediate family which would include Steven when I use the charge card to get the rental car.

One more serious consideration decided.  I will leave the Chase Visa at home!!

1 comment:

  1. Got rid of my chase card when they raised interest from 6.9% to 23% after their crash. The worst company for cards.

    ReplyDelete