Monday, April 24, 2017

Siesta in Calahonda


Siesta!  Today is the day.  Quiet.  Peaceful.
I prepared myself for a lazy day.  Exactly.  Perfectly. All Day.  I mopped all the floors and sparkled up the house and then opened the grilled gates into the sala outside my bedroom.  I haven't spent much time out there on the ground floor because I've been running like a wild woman. Not today.  Today was my day.  My time.  My space.  I opened the doors and walked onto the grassy area and gazed around to acclimate myself.  This beautiful area has been waiting for me for 24 days.  And here I am.


It was a lazy day, a well-needed respite from the many days of adventures.  I have been trying to quiet the chatter in my head as Callie's story tries to emerge, the Ruiz family history fights its way to the surface and my route to peace struggling to win. Today was mine.

Tomorrow, me and El Carro will be heading east toward a day in Malaga.  With a sense of clarity, it dawned on me that my fear of driving in Malaga was a moot point.  I'd driven in Sevilla,  I'd driven across bridges tossing me in the wind and I'd been lost in the mountains above Cadiz.  I'd won the race against worries of being lost with nobody to help me.  I can drive in Malaga where there are people everywhere!  Vicky (whom I will meet at noon at the Antonio Banderas paseo) tells me she has a lot of great ideas where to take me and she mentioned wine...

No comments:

Post a Comment