Monday, April 3, 2017

A magical silence and a good book

A lazy Sunday here in Calahonda.  

I couldn't figure out the dryer part of this machine, so I have my laundry hanging in three rooms to dry.  Saving electricity and the stress of understanding how on earth the warming device works.  For today, I just do not care.  And the clothes will dry.  I brought way too many anyway.  (smile).

The outdoor-room patio lured me outside early and I spent most of the day there with a book I could not put down.   The magical silence surrounded me and the book gentled my mind.

It was about Spain, Granada, Flamenco dancing and a woman trying to find the best meaning of life.  Just like me.  I can feel myself transforming and like it.  This book was lent to me by my friend, Lyn.  She said she knows I will love it and she's right.  I read until it was time to eat and then read and ate at the same time.  Manchego cheese, Serrano ham, brown bread, an orange and Tinto Verano with Límon.  Perfecto.

The day was deliciously spliced into several WhatsAPP video calls.  Seeing faces, sharing laughter and being part of life back home made the day just right.

Tomorrow, I plan to walk to the edge of the sea, explore everything along the way, and feel the breeze ruffle through my hair.  (My curling iron died, so my hair is now on its own...)


No comments:

Post a Comment