Friday, September 14, 2012

Almogia and Alora, moorish towns

Reading my first blog I realized I was too tired to see it was 12:30 a.m., not p.m. When I posted it... Today I will write about yesterday and today.  Amazing in a word.  Almogia is a village I've heard of for years.  Yesterday, we drove through the streets until the streets were too steep and too narrow to traverse.  My brother's driving is exemplary and I'd still be crying in a corner if it had been me trying to back up a block after our front tires spun out of control when our little car refused to jump hurdles.  TIGHT spaces to say the least.  Then we walked through the streets, peeking into courtyards and marveling at ceramic tiled doors and saying "hola" to everyone we met along the way.. Then we found the ayuntamiento where our father had been the vice mayor and had a chilled Limon drink in our fathers favorite bar.  Steven introduced himself to the barman and the mans face lit up and I saw him pump my brothers hand.  SeƱor Fernandez was delighted to meet us and sad to hear of our fathers death... And gave us directions to CALLE WINTERS that was named especially due to our fathers diligent work to make Almogia and Winters, Ca "sister cities".   He knew our father well.  After another mile (?) of traipsing through the quaint village on a mountainside, notably 1000 years old, we found the street our father dreamed of seeing in this town....

No comments:

Post a Comment