Wednesday, October 12, 2022

A shower mishap and pole dancing

 I had a rude awakening this morning when I turned on the shower spigot and it flew off its pipe and fell onto the shower drain pan…and water sprayed everywhere in the bathroom. The good news is that Lyn’s shower and bathroom is completely covered in ceramic tile from floor to ceiling and I planned to wash my hair anyway. The bad news is water dripped from the wall, mirror, doorframe, and door, puddling all over the floor.  How on earth so much water could travel so far and in such abundance before I pushed off the flow is beyond me.  Big breath. I hadn’t realized until tonight that water had slid beneath the closed bathroom door onto some pillows and Lyn’s stuffed animals that had emotional links to her heart. My fingers are crossed that they dry Luana can be spiffed up again.

We had a relaxing day and Lyn gave me and Saidie a tour around this nice housing community.  It is beautiful and the views are gorgeous, with palm trees, vibrant flowering plants, and water fountains that house terrapins and gold fish.  We can hear the sounds of one splashing fountain from her patio beneath her gardens below the windows. It is, indeed, a welcoming and peaceful place to be.

The little newspaper I found had some very interesting articles in it, from the oldest man in Spain, to Spain’s first craft beer festival and the Spanish up in arms for the audacity of an innovative entrepreneur to make a paella sandwich.  The kicker was reading about luggage thieves at the train station in Malaga.  I guess I was lucky I only lost a wheel and a half and had my luggage replaced.  Oh, and on the last page we’re several advertisements from ladies of the night…

And there is a library here. Since I love books so much, it was hard to drag me out of the rooms. 

When she decided she wanted to go for a swim in the pool, Saidie and I found lounge chairs amid the shaded hamacas (straw-covered umbrellas).  But when I saw one of these Spanish umbrellas, I knew we would finally get a photo of the three of us together instead two here and two there.  The pool lady laughed at us and snapped about ten photos as we tried to wrap ourselves around the pole.  So, pole dancing sounded like fun and we all giggled like kids.

At the end of a quiet, enjoyable day, we made our plans for tomorrow and added my brother Steven to the itinerary.  I now have a map of the streets within Benalmádena to help me in the morning…another long walk is my first plan for Thursday morning.  Lyn told me to ignore Google Maps because it took me the long way around the other day.  Guess I will use both and compare.  I will see if I can get to Steven’s in the 45 minutes that the map promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment