Friday, October 5, 2018

Fried peppers, potatoes, And a visit down the hill

A lazy day at La Casa Redonda

It was near dawn that I posted "last night" about the wine and tapas tour and I didn't post photos.  Also, I couldn't make the edit function work on my iPad, so it is a little bit of gobbledigoop in places. So, I'll post them below -- today was a lazy, lovely day. 

Steven made a potatoes dish with zucchini, tomatoes, garlic and pimenton paprika.  YUM.  And Lyn made a chicken dish with vegetables.  The Spanish usually eat the large meal at 2:00 pm, and so did we.  The aroma of Steven's frying peppers and the rest of the meal made all of us mmmmmmm with delight.  Eating it afterward was excellent.  It is so nice here when we eat a meal because there's no rush to get up from the table.  The chatting afterward is also a lazy, enjoyable time.  The view from the table is beyond words as the hills go on and on with miles of orange trees.  The houses seem to topple over one another and sets the easy flow of conversation for us here in the country.





It has been a lazy day.  I drenched myself in Lyn's pool, read in the lounge chair and languidly tossed the ball for the dogs.  And then I came inside to avoid the many flies that dive bombed around me.

Last night's photos:
Muscatel wine, serrano ham, salami and wine-drenched cheese
Antigua Casa de Guardia (Taberna est. 1814)
Some of the tapas also included a shell with fish inside for 2 euros
Stuffed olives wrapped in anchovy, roasted pepper slice and a pickled onion served with wine



I fell in love with the beautiful sweets behind the glass case of a historic bakery


Tonight I will go down the hill to Fresneda and see my cousins, Maria Angela and her family, so I need to go practice my Spanish...she speaks no English...

No comments:

Post a Comment