Saturday, September 15, 2018

Play Money and Packing Smart

Anticipation mixed in with the little pieces of worry make the end result bloom.  

I tell myself that these euro notes are real, not play money from a Monopoly game and I know our dollar is worth more than the euro.  As long as I can buy café con leche (coffee with milk), tinto verano (red wine mixed with lemon-flavored bubbly), pan con tomate (bread with thinly spread tomato drizzled with olive oil) I will be happy.


Several of my friends want me to have a perfect trip;  I plan to take Roberto's inflatable neck pillow since my trip will take twenty-three hours both ways, a rose-pink mini fan that attaches to my iPhone from Darla and a portable foot rest for the plane from Lana.  I'll be cool and "sleep" comfortably.  I've packed my bag several times.  By Tuesday, I will probably change everything again.

Last year, I took two huge bags to Spain.... Not this year, oh no.  I learned from Karen McCann, a friend in Seville, that you can travel with very little.  Her travel blog is filled with useful and interesting tidbits.  Dive bars, fascinating food and out of the way places.  You can read about her many adventures here:  https://www.enjoylivingabroad.com 

Once, Karen's husband suggested taking only a toothbrush on a trip.  She laughed.  (Me too).  But, she managed a very nice trip with a many-pocketed vest that held everything she needed.  One 21" roller bag and a fufu bag for me,  me prometí a mí mismo. (I promised myself)  This time, I will listen although if I was as resourceful and gutsy as Karen, I´d leave that behind too, but...

1 comment:

  1. So proud of my lovely daughter who will be in the documentry she is going to Spain to participate in.

    ReplyDelete