Monday, July 22, 2019

Mediterránea Statue: Hola again



THERE SHE WAS!  MEDITERRÁNEA
She saw me coming and laughed when I crawled up onto the base where she stood with her arms outspread.  Lyn had the camera and I mimicked the statue again today like I did in 2017 for my brother, Steven and again in 2018 for my friend, also named Steven. And again, I chose to cover myself a bit more...AND by now, of course she recognized me and I felt like I’d truly returned.  This statue is named Lady of the Sea and she stands on the promenade at Fuengirola, Costa del Sol. Her sculptor - Luis Reyes, January 2003.  To me, she is the epitome of a free spirit.  Today as well as the first time I first saw her, I felt part of the wonder and soul of Spain.

Walking back to the car along the boardwalk, I saw several women topless and smiled at the idea, noticing that nobody paid much attention.  It’s so normal over here.  The most I’ve done is skinny dipped in Lyns pool in the dark with only stars for company.

I also enjoyed all the espetos, which are sticks holding fish above smoldering fires made inside small row boats fired up with olive wood.

Lyn drove me to a shopping mall called Miramar and we went to a tapas café where I opened little glass doors and pulled out several tapas for my plate.  Oh, Lord a Lucy, it was amazing.  There was lox on top of cream cheese above a flat roll, salmorejo cold soups with egg and ham and a baby croissant filled with ham spread. And Lyn shared a taste of her potato salad topped with anchovies.  Not for me, but my choices?.  Wonderful. Wonderful.

A trip to the ALDI Grocery store was  I felt like a child in a toy store.  Lyn was tootling around with the cart finding coffee, tinto verano wine and things...and I was taking photos of eels, spinach burgers, carrot burgers and more.

 By then, we’d walked over 7,500 steps and the swimming pool was calling.  And we answered it’s siren call.  Ahhhhhhhh, the lovely rejuvenation of cool water and relaxation.















1 comment:

  1. Traveling is so much fun. Next to that is reading about it. Thanks so much for sharing with us with your creative writings of your time in our Ancestors homeland.

    ReplyDelete