Saturday, July 20, 2019

Lazy day in Los Nuñez


Some days are made for being lazy.  And today was the day.
I raked yard debris along the tiered gardens and swept it all down the many stone steps below the house.  Then, I sat on the stones and laid back against the white-washed cement wall to gaze into forever and focused on good thoughts, veering away from the sad ones that often clog my throat.  

AND THEN...  Watermelon (sandía).  Crianza wine (Vino). Cheese (queso). Ham (jamón) A good book titled “Gypsy” and a swimsuit.  Today I swam three times and fell asleep in the lounge chair several times with a gentle breeze blowing through my hair and Scally, Lyn’s dog, keeping me company beside me.  She was quite proud of herself when she brought Lyn a dead rat.

TOMORROW, I will visit cousins Maria Angela and her husband Manolo, their children Adrian and Esther and the brothers.  They are related through my great grandfather Francisco RUIZ Garcia’s sister, Antonia RUIZ García.  If I am fortunate, I will visit tía Lola, her surviving daughter who lives in a small town nearby, Puerto de la Torre.  Being in this Spanish village, where there are cousins, fills me up with emotion. Despite being here four times, it never gets old.  The lazy view from the house and patio is mesmerizing.   I will probably swim again before I crawl into bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment