Monday, July 8, 2019

Hello, Spain...



For me, Spain seems to sing to my heart and right now my heart is bruised from losing my sweetheart, Roberto.  He knew how much I loved Spain.  He also loved my independent spirit and marveled that I could enjoy the experiences there on my own.  Although miles apart from him during my last two trips, we always reached out to one another so I never felt alone.  He shared my adventures, laughed at my stories and generally sent his love across the airwaves.

This time, traveling to Spain will be different.  

This time, I am going to Spain with the hope of healing my heart and finding my life’s sparkle that he admired so much.  There are cousins and friends to share conversations and red wine with as well as the wonderful adventures that await.  I will use this lovely trip to kickstart living again and, if, along the way I can bring a smile and adventure to my readers, I will have accomplished one of my hopes.  

My first stop will be to visit with my wonderful friend, Lyn, in la casa redonda, the round house.  She lives near several of my Ruiz cousins a few miles from Malaga.  

And I am ready for hugs, red wine, dark chocolate and lots of talking... 
Let the adventure begin.  
Please stay tuned for my July 16, 2019 Spanish Sabbatical through photos and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment