Thursday, September 13, 2018

SPAIN: Here I come again...

ANOTHER SPANISH ADVENTURE
FIVE MORE DAYS!
AND I INVITE YOU ALONG FOR THE RIDE...

An electric anticipation fills the air around me.  Within days, I will arrive in the country of my paternal ancestors once again.  My Spanish is sketchy, rugged actually.  I wish I'd practiced speaking the language since I was there in the spring of 2017, but do we ever do what our minds scream at us??  Not me.  However, I am brushing up and wish I could carry Janet Russell my Spanish tutor in my back pocket.  Alas, I have the Spanish translation APP and will use it. 

THIS TIME, I won't go alone.  Steven A., my friend and compadre in genealogy, will be with me.  And he speaks Spanish! Several Spanish descendants were filmed with us, and I wish we could all attend the premiere together on September 24, but it is not to be.  Click to see Documentary Trailer


Passport - check.  International Driver's Permit - check.  Euros hidden inside Roberto's travelpack - check.  An apartment waiting thanks to Vicky - check.  Car rented - check.  Maps, translation cards, tickets for the Mosque of Cordoba tour, Ruiz family tree information and a flexible itinerary is scattered inside my head.  Family and friends await and the butterflies in my belly are dancing a jig.




No comments:

Post a Comment